December 5, 2010

60 Days of Beauty Project Day 5: The Beauty of Long Friendships


Friendship is something that can come and go as seasons in life change and circumstances in our lives change. The people who are important to us never change, but their roles in our lives adjust as we continue to be molded by God and move according to His Holy Spirit. The reality is, I have the best friends anybody could have. Yes, they are better than yours. And you can try and fight it but do your friends have Thanksgiving Festivus? Didn't think so.

What about getting everybody together at Olive Garden, just to make us all feel elegant and sophisticated even though we are simply a bunch of college students? Yeah, didn't think so.

These people may not be involved in my everyday life as much anymore. However, they still hold a hugely important role in my life. Last night, I got to hang out with a bunch of them as we toured around Mishawaka for some fantastic basketball action. As we were sitting at Chili's having dinner I was reminded of the beauty of their relationship with me. I was reminded of how their place in my life has made my life more full and better because of that. Long standing friendships are a thing of beauty.

What about you? What can your friends do?

GC

No comments: