December 4, 2011

Wearing Sunglasses in Tunnels Makes it Pretty Hard to See Clearly

I was recently in a very "freaked out" temperament. I couldn't see the light at the end of the short tunnel  that I was driving through. It was interesting, because I was frustrated with myself and the things that I hadn't taken care of or had forgotten to be disciplined with. This, of course, led me to get a little frustrated at myself. I began to put on my own sunglasses of self-centeredness that are aimed at trying to skew my own view of what is going on in my life. I tried to ignore certain things so that I could deal with doing my job, living my life, and continuing to press on. But, the problem is, you can't see very well when you have sunglasses on and you are driving through a tunnel.

And like the sign says, you have to watch out for slow moving traffic in tunnels, because some other people aren't willing to drive as fast as you are. So, I get overly frustrated at the slow moving traffic because I can't see them coming up, all because I have my self-centered sunglasses on and am just being stupid. After this, my frustration begins to build up as I get frustrated at the fact that there is even a tunnel here. Why in the world am I doing what I'm doing and why am I trapped in this place? I begin to question so much more than just the slow moving traffic or my the conditions of the road. I begin to question and get frustrated with the tunnel that is my path in life through the mountain and my life turns into this big crying towel fest where nothing gets done all because I didn't read the signs and see that I should just take off my sunglasses.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." - John 16:33


Take off the sunglasses of self-centeredness. Focus on the Son and the tunnel that He might have us in so that we can come out on the other side trusting that it is the path He has set before us. Trust in His plan and purpose. Trust in the people He has put in front of you. You will make it. He has overcome the world.

No comments: