September 4, 2011

Writer's Block

It's pretty evident that I have had a heavy case of writer's block here lately. I'm not entirely sure where that comes from, but I do think that a large part is based upon a few realities:
  1. Role Change. As we enter the new school year, my focus this year is shifting and requires a number of changes in how I do things (or at least I thought that they should). The biggest thing to this change is the time here at the beginning of the year that is required to care and connect with small group leaders and those that are going to invest in the lives of so many students. It's overwhelming for sure, but exciting nonetheless.
  2. Autumn is upon us. Fall means a new season as football kicks in and all of the Fall sports that launch. In a new season of my life, I have found a disheartening disconnection from the other fall sports, but I'm working on that.
  3. New Adventures are coming my way. A new house. A new college degree to pursue. A new personal mission. All of these things are leading me in a different direction than ever before and I'm very excited about it all. 
It's a new season in life and I cannot wait to see what all comes out of the many new opportunities that are coming up ahead.

1 comment:

Geoff Cocanower said...

I tend to get to most sporting events, but I have been so bogged down with officiating meetings and games and such, it has been difficult. That will soon change... PLUS, I'm getting my all sport pass soon and that is like the key to the kingdom!