November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Thoughts: What I'm Thankful For

At my old church, typically on the weekend of Thanksgiving, Pastor Larry would host a bit of an open sharing time during the service. The whole goal was to hear from the congregation what blessings and challenges God has provided throughout the year. For some, it was a public venue to honor those around them and for others it was a time to simply give back to the Lord that had provided so much to individuals in the service.

So, I'm doing the same thing here on the blog. Some of the things that I'm thankful for.

Jesus Christ
The simple fact that He has given me life is tantamount to anything else that I could list on this meager attempt to give him public thanks. He continues to choose me to do ministry and continues to bless me with the passions and desires that direct my every move. I am so thankful for the relationship that we have had these many years, but most especially the last four that have proven to be life changing.

My Family
I have always been surrounded by love, support and challenge by those that I am related to, but this year has been something of a defining year. I am beginning to find my place in this world and continue to discover what that means in relationship to my family. My heart bleeds for the Church and the next generation. But it also bleeds Cocanower and Rupnow. These people mean the world to me. Mess them up, but don't mess with them.

My Friends
As I continue to grow away from the bounds of my parents and into my own established life, I continue to need some form of accountability and support. I have made new friends and continued my relationship with many others. I continue to form new relationships and forge new bonds that, time and time again, prove to be worth more than gold. I would be in a different place in my life if it weren't for my friends that have helped God mold me into who I am today.

My Ministry
I have purpose in my life because God has given me this ministry. I am so blessed each day by the work that I get the opportunity to do. And even though I'm not sure where I may be come next school year, I know that God has something prepared for me to do and I will hold fast to His faithfulness as He guides and directs my path. Because He has given me this ministry, I will take heart.


Just a few things that I am thankful for.

What are you thankful for?
How has God blessed you this year?

GC

No comments: