October 13, 2008

A Long Awaited Post...

My apologies for the delay in updating my blog... Again, I am trying to become much more disciplined in the things that I do on a regular basis and obviously this hasn't been worked into the normal template of the schedule. ;)

So I have been becoming more and more loaded down with everything that I am involved in and have to do for school. I am in a Leadership & Administration class that requires me to put together a 4" binder full of, basically, how I would propose to do Youth Ministry at a given church. This includes a purpose statement, a midweek program for a year, a small group ministry, weekend program, and anything else Robert (professor) thinks about. All of this needs practical theology in order to be accepted. I am also in a Senior Seminar class that requires me to write a Master's grade paper that will explore anything that I want. If you know me well enough you know that this isn't easy for me because if I get to choose it, I would desire to write about 4 or 5 different things and only get to write about none of them. I am also involved in an Interpersonal Communication class that asks us to do a lot of busy-work that doesn't make much sense as to why we do it and is basically set up for Comm majors and not the Liberal Studies types that should probably be a Christian Ministries type. I am also involved in refereeing that, technically, I should have to attend a meeting every week in order to be in the playoffs; I have been to none. I am also a part of an organization that has asked me to go into the office and give them my schedule for the next season which is next summer. Next summer might be the most cloudy I have ever been about the future of my existence and where I will be when next summer rolls around. I am also an intern at a church that requires me to be doing Church-work for like 15 hours a week and desires me to meet at the church once a week. Naturally, I haven't been able to do that this year. I am also a leader in a ministry on campus that meets guys with guys and opens the air for a time of true spiritual bonding and discussion. We have the opportunity to bond with other men on our campus that are ready to make a difference in the Church.

That is a lot of stuff.

I recently viewed the Rob Bell Video of "Shells" and was stricken with a lack of ignorance to this fact of having a lot on my plate. I have seemingly said "yes" to too many things. I don't have one thing that I have said "yes" to in order to say "no" to everything else. So that is going on in my life. I am still wrestling through this one.

Last Wednesday, I was called on to speak at Jr.High at NMC due to Chris' possible absence from the night. I found out about this on the Friday before and probably had plenty of time to do it. However, as some of you know, I was not able to get myself in tune with the Spirit for a long time during the planning stages. I felt extremely attacked by the Enemy on Wednesday, when I owned up and just dedicated myself to the planning and execution of the message. Needless to say, I was a little worried about the message. I felt like there was no way that this was going to go well. I also felt like perhaps I shouldn't be delivering the message as my mind was unable to separate itself from the evil one. I thought that I had fallen short of my call for that week and had let God down. haha...

But that is where I was completely wrong. It is safe to say that when God wants something done, He will work through whomever He wants to get His message to His people. The message was clear to those that it need to be clear to and was very clear to those that didn't want to hear it. This was a message on Spiritual Reproduction and what it means to establish someone else into the Kingdom. This next week is the night of the Fall Shabang! This is the church's local outreach to non-believers. A time where everyone in the church is encouraged to invite their non-believing friends to the church to hang out and have a good time. Students are going to be approached with some fun and illusionment and then be presented with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the One Who Saves. I have confidence that we will see many people come to know Jesus as their Lord and Heavenly Father.

I will be posting soon another God Moment from this past week, but for now... I need some breakfast and time to study La Francais...

Thanks for the many prayers that people had for me on Wednesday. I pray that God will bless your lives with many opportunities to glorify His name.

Peace

No comments: