October 1, 2011

New Music Worth Checking Out

I really like music. Obviously, I have certain types of music that I enjoy and then others that I really can't bear to listen to. However, here are a few albums that came out recently that might be very much worth you checking out:

1. The City Harmonic - "Introducing the City Harmonic"
This one actually isn't new, introduced in 2010. However, there are some fantastic selections on this EP and "Manifesto" is very much my favorite.


2. Switchfoot - "Vice Verses"
I have been a fan of Switchfoot for a while, however this album is awesome. If you get the deluxe edition, you get a couple Live tracks as well. Good stuff!



3. Gungor - "Ghosts Upon the Earth"
Gungor is probably one of my favorite artists right now and has been since I first heard "Beautiful Things." "When Death Dies" is a fantastic track and the rest of the album is pretty smooth as well.  This Live Performance is pretty stinking amazing as well. So good!


4. Jeremy Riddle - "Furious"
I have only recently come to embrace Jeremy Riddle, however, I was truly blown away by the raw passion that he inserts into the lyrics of this one. Definitely worth downloading.


5. Connection:Worship - "Fit for the King"
The second album in the Connection:Worship series and I must say, "kudos!" to my teammates and all of those who participated in the making of this album! You can download it here.


2 comments:

kneeley said...

If we're starting a list, we might as well load it up. Other noteworthy albums releasing in September possibly worth a listen:

1. Needtobreathe - The Reckoning

2. Daniel Bashta - The Sounds of Daniel Bashta (Pursuit and Unlock My Roar definitely worth a listen)

3. Rapture Ruckus - Open Your Eyes

4. Matt Maher - The Love in Between

5. Leeland - The Great Awakening

6. Lecrae - Hallelujah [Single] (off the Rehab: Deluxe release)

7. 116 Clique - Man Up

8. Rachel Lampa - Er... wait... (in fairness, I haven't really listened to this one)

And if we're allowed to throw out an album from that's not exactly new, here's my pick for your Mr. Cocanower, from back in June in case you missed it:
All Sons and Daughters - Brokenness Aside EP No.1

Geoff Cocanower said...

I will have to check these out very soon!

Boomsauce.