July 12, 2011

Junior High Camp Reflections

What an amazing 4 days with some awesome students who now have the opportunity of a lifetime! 4 days ago, I left with Chris and all the leaders, with a group of 80+ regular, average, middle of the pack, Junior Highers. Junior Highers that lived their lives in the "Meh" lane of life. They did what they wanted and mostly for themselves. But that all changed when we all began to recognize how much Greater Than that a life that is lived for the King of Kings is.We returned with three busloads of World Changers with the opportunity to truly allow God to move in their lives, the lives of their families, and the lives of so many more people around them. All for the cause of Jesus Christ.

In the last 4 days...
            I have seen how Junior High worship is supposed to be.
            God has made himself known in ways not seen before by these students.
            I have seen just how capable Junior High students are.
            I have been able to recognize my place in the Body of Christ even more and with more confidence.
            I have seen the mountaintop for these Junior High students and the prospectus is bright.

I cannot wait to see how the next 4 months or so play out in the lives of these world changers. Bonds have been broken for some and His desires have been set in the hearts of others. It's going to be a great year for God in our Junior Highs.

Now. I just can't sleep over the thought that we get to do it all again with our Senior Highers. It's going to be awesome. Let's do this!

No comments: