January 4, 2011

60 Days of Beauty Project: Day 34 - Praying for a Student

I make regular visits to our classes that take place on Sundays. I don't usually spend much time in each of these classes because I am usually trying to get to a worship service. I was reminded today why I can't replace time with students when they choose to come to my turf and miss out on the opportunity to spend time with students. But guilt and shame is not what this post is about.

I walked into our Jr/Sr Youth Class and heard a story of one of our senior guys that is going to Riley's on Wednesday to have tests done on his heart. It was in that moment that I could not ignore my distinct desire to pray for him. And it was powerful for me. It was moving to me. It was something beautiful. As 8-10 guys huddled around this student, whose next few months are really hanging in the balance, God showed me the beauty of interceding on behalf of another person.

GC

No comments: