January 13, 2011

60 Days of Beauty: Day 44 - The Beauty of Goals

I have never been a very big number cruncher in my life. As a matter of fact, I've kind of made it my personal policy to have as little contact with a calculator as possible. Trying to make my mind wrap around numbers can be a bit of Taboo, mainly because I usually crunch the numbers to come up with the wrong numbers.

All that to say, I got an email on Wednesday that bummed me out a bit at first and inspired me to put aside personal bureaucratic policies to just explore what potential we, as a student ministry, have to reverse the trend of our Blue Cup Initiative. What I found was absolutely astounding and completely convicting.

The numbers are irrelevant, however, I was sharing some of those numbers with our Senior High on Wednesday and the coolest thing ever began to happen. Students grabbed the Blue Cup that I had placed in front of them and began passing it around the room. I'm not sure how much it raised, or if it even got put in one of the bins. But it struck me about the impact a person can make when they know what kind of impact WE can make.

In this moment the beauty of inspiration through a reasonable goal was so obvious to me.

No comments: