December 31, 2010

60 Days of Beauty Project: Days 26-31 - Student Events

It's a no-brainer if you know me, that I really like events. I really like events because I strongly believe in events. Events are a way for us to get away from all the stuff that is going on at home and reconnecting with people or God. They are also a way for us to gain some perspective on what is going on in our realities.

I believe in events because events are the place that I was able to be pushed to new levels of connection with Christ and recognized, more and more, the depravity that I was experiencing. Events have that way with us. They have a distinct ability to remind us that things have the potential to change.

The last few days have been filled with getting ready for Winter Retreat, executing whatever needed to happen at Winter Retreat, and then cleaning up the things that had to be done in order to put away 2010. It can be a very exhausting process and generally requires a lot of extra sleep afterwards to recoup from the event.

I'm so excited to report that the last 6 days were worth every ounce of energy expended: 4 people accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and another gave everything her life to Christ and many more received visions of God's plan, reclaimed parts of their relationships with Christ and so much more!

Exhaustion and effort can represent the beautiful things that God is doing in our midst.

No comments: