January 26, 2010

Today

Today (Tuesday) is the day that we, as a staff get together for staff meeting. Recently, we decided to move our Youth Pastors meetings to Tuesdays, for a time, as well. All in all, this means a long morning of meetings. I must say, while I enjoy being caught up on the latest news and notes and events that are taking place here at NMC, today feels like one of those days that I could really use some time to get going on the projects facing me and the things that I need to get done. (And to all the critics out there, I have 9 minutes till the first meeting.)

But, I'm reminded this morning that there are moments when there are things that I don't really want to do, but I need to do them if I want to be able to remain vigilant to complete the vision laid before me. Take it to a personal level. I don't wake up every morning and always desire, with everything in me, to read my Bible. I'm tired, still waking up, my eyes aren't adjusted, etc. But I do want to remain vigilant in knowing my God more each day and the best way to do that is to start my day in His Word.

I wonder what tasks are you going to have to complete today that you don't really want to do but you need to do?

No comments: