November 12, 2009

What's the Point?

As I sit here and create this blogpost, I wonder that the point is? What is the point to me writing to a number of individuals, if there are any individuals, and what does this really do to impact the kingdom? What's the point to it all?

Let's take it a step further: What's the point to us going to church services every weekend? What's the point to singing songs to God? What's the point to any of those things?

What's the point of doing anything or listening to anything if we aren't going to allow what we hear and what we experience to change the way that we live?

This is a question that I have been wrestling with a lot lately. I wonder if I have ever not wrestled with it. I would venture a guess that for a long time it has been a part of my contemplating and processing. I think I would be very close to correct to think that a lot of you have contemplating the same thing. So, really, what's the point to all this "Church stuff," if we aren't going to allow it to change us?

I have my reasons and my answers to that question, but I think that it is more important to allow that to settle for a couple of days.

No comments: