November 26, 2011

Too Much in the Way

It happens from time to time, but lately, it happened again. It looks like writer's block, but it is a lot worse than that. It turns from writer's block to a full-fledged idea block. It's that moment where all the ideas that are floating around in my brain all converge on the one exit point that is either my mouth or my fingers and neither has ever done a very good job of processing quickly or with precision when under pressure. And typically, this is when there are so many ideas in my head that I can't figure out which one to figure out so that I can figure which one is the most beneficial to figure out. You sense my dilemma.

So, I'm very thankful for a short week this week. At the same time, I'm going to be heading into another short week. So perhaps that isn't that good. Regardless, I'm ready to get thinking again. Just need to make some space upstairs.

What about you? What do you do to make space in your head?

No comments: