November 6, 2011

Slaying Giants

I've heard it many times, but I've never actually reflected long enough to see that it was true in my life until right about now. You know that saying that goes something like, "Everything that you have experienced to this point has prepared you for this exact moment" or something like that. That is so easy to say and yet so hard to believe and put into practice unless you are willing to, literally, just do/believe it.

Pastor Dave took us through 2 Samuel 17 and David's interaction with Goliath this past Sunday. Let me tell you, add in the fact that it has been like a month since I have gotten into a service (let's not talk about that one) and I needed to hear from God through P. Dave and you have the makings of a pretty significant Sunday. But today, the little snippet that I took away from that message is this: Goliath wasn't David's biggest giant.

Sure, this was the first time that we would see David's bravery obviously recorded, that is without doubt. But, David will face bigger giants later in life. David has to face the music from Nathan, David pours his life out in the Psalms, David has to face his own temptation and selfish ambitions, and yet. And yet, he remains a man after God's own heart. 

I have come to the end of a tough season. A season that has stretched me and challenged me greatly. But the reality is, this is just the beginning. I'm only 25 and if I think that this was all I was meant for, I am terribly mistaken. There are greater giants that God has set before me to slay. And I'm ready. 

1 comment:

mindi jo said...

I needed to hear this.