May 10, 2011

Exciting Excellence

When it seems impossible...
When it looks like there is no way...
When we come to the "conclusion" that we shouldn't even try...
When it all comes crashing down...
...God is faithful.

When it's going well...
When things seem like they couldn't get any better...
When everything seems to be lining up...
When you "couldn't complain"...
...God is faithful.

As a believer of Jesus Christ, I sing songs, often, of God's faithfulness and His provision, and yet, take that reality for granted. The fact is that God is never changing. He is constant. Through good and bad, He always remains the same. And I was thinking about that lately. 

Why is God always the same?

I think part of why he never changes is so we can always remember who He is, what His touch feels like, and what His voice sounds like. He says, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me" in John 10:27. 

I'm giving praise today that God never changes and always stays the same. I know His voice; and it never changes.

Awesome.

No comments: