April 21, 2010

What I'm working on for tonight: Big World Bigger God pt. 2 (An Audible of sorts)

Tonight was supposed to be the night that Derry was supposed to share of his experiences in Africa/Congo/Rwanda. Clearly, if you have been tracking his travel over the last 22 days (that's how long he's been gone), you would come to find that he will not be getting home until Thursday morning now. Ipso facto- back on the stand tonight to testify to the Will of God. God's will can be a distinctly difficult topic to cover. As a matter of fact, for some the Will of God is the ultimate pursuit in life, discovering what God has for you and wills for your life. And unfortunately, I think that for a long time, I have lived there, trying to discover this mysterious plan that is unseen by those who don't love Him.

So, tonight, we are going to call an audible. Funny thing is, it isn't an audible at all. As a matter of fact, it is exactly as God has caused it to happen and because it is His Will, He will be Glorified because of it. I reset myself to patiently wait on the Lord and trust that His Will is perfect.

"And he said to me, You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be GLORIFIED." -Isaiah 49:3

No comments: