April 2, 2010

I Hate Money. A lot.

I hate Money with a passion and it isn't good. I have this distinct disdain for the things that Money does to people. I hate that Money is the driving force behind so many divisions in the world. I hate what Money does to people of faith. I hate what Money does to me.

See we need some money, in this world, in order to survive. But, so many people think that they need a ton of Money in order to survive. When in actuality, Money needs a lot more of us to survive.

I have been in an interesting spot this year due to my place and my lack of money and yet still having to fight my desire for Money. Because I'm not going to make lots of money and so if my desire for Money is allowed to take a front seat to my desire to see my life be in obedience, I will live a hugely disappointing life. Yet the world tells me something different.

The world always says something different. The world says to grasp on to everything you have because it's the only thing you'll ever have. The world says to pursue things that will make you happy and give you instant gratification. The world says that Money can help you achieve joy.

And the world is Dead. Wrong.

I'm in a season of life that Money could become the central stress in my life and could become one of the biggest concerns of my life. Don't get me wrong, I have to deal with money quite a bit right now. But I WILL NOT allow Money to become anywhere close to my central focus.

Where are you?
Is Money part of your life or do you just need some money?

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs."
- 1 Timothy 6:10

1 comment:

Jeremy Wilmot said...

not only the love but just a tiny desire to have "enough" can be hurtful to us. satan uses anything he can to trick us and begin to tear us apart. love what your are doing with this, keep up the obedience and allow God to open your eyes in new ways.