March 3, 2010

I have been blessed by the experiences in my life and doggone it, I am Good Enough.

The last few days have been crazy for me. Not in the sense that they were busy by any means. But more along the lines of what God has been taking me through. Weird and uneasy feelings pertaining to the things in my life that are holding me back from being all that I can be in the light of God's Grace.

We just got back from the Simply Youth Ministry Conference in Chicago and I was challenged, refreshed and overall, better equipped and in better connection with my team. It was awesome to see some of the people that I look up to in ministry and be able to interact with them.

As I look back on the conference, I am challenged to continue to discover my true identity in my relationship with Christ and not my relationship with other people and their views of me. I am challenged to discover what it means to do things for the Glory of God, even in the little things that I do. I am challenged to put the most important things first in my life. And there are some things that are required of me in order to do accomplish some of these goals.

I have noticed that my mind has been so bottled up and beginning of taking over my demeanor as of the last two days. I am confident that the reason is that I haven't written anything and have neglected that area of my life. And so this is me launching back into writing regularly. I never thought that this would be such a huge part of my life and discipline in following Christ, however I am committed to doing whatever it takes to grow closer to God and this is one of them. Writing, or blogging, is part of who I am. I am unashamed in that. And so this will become part of my life.

So, looking forward, I am excited to see what God is going to teach me about my ministry and my life. I am excited to see what He chooses to reveal to me about my identity in Christ and the things that are most important to Him as He looks on me. I will be unashamed for who I am, what I look like, how I act. Why?

Because I am Good Enough. period

No comments: