February 15, 2010

Why I will soon become the hairiest man at NMC, hands down.

I decided a couple of days ago to make a outward visual commitment to help energize my efforts to drop some pounds. I'm only sharing it with all of you to explain why I might look a bit different.

I'm not shaving until I have lost right around 35 pounds.

This won't be easy to end because of the "outwardness" that will be taking place, which means, I better get on the stick with this one.

Yes, I can afford a new razor.
Yes, I am putting people in place to keep me accountable.
No, I haven't accomplished my previous goals.
Yes, I'm going to need some encouragement.

I guess, what makes this time different from before, is the recognition of what God has already given me victory over in this year. I have seen so much victory over some of the things I thought that I could never overcome, I am ready to take this one on again.

We'll see how this goes!

"And all its fat he shall take from it and burn on the altar." - Leviticus 4:19

2 comments:

lilCoke said...

we all know you can do this Geoff . . put your mind to it and you can do anything . . you have accomplished so much in the past that we all know that you can do this .. . from student body president . . to turning your life around. .. make sure those people keep you accountable and you will have no problem with this goal . . i also cant wait to see this beard :)

love ya man

Geoff Cocanower said...

you're just jealous you can't grow one ;)