February 8, 2010

Reflecting on a Day Away

It has been a bit of a crazy weekend. Today, Monday, I decided to take the day and recharge a bit and get ready to head into this next season of the year and the next set of challenges, lessons and divine appointments. While I noticed myself being quite lazy in the morning, I recognized a couple of things that need to become more regular in my life and probably lend themselves to this Wednesday's message.

1. Sometimes sleeping in, waking up to loud, extremely loud, worship music is exactly what I need to recharge my batteries. It was pretty nuts to wake up to Salvation is Here and remember the truth that today, everyday, Salvation has been offered to me because He poured out his life for mine.

2. Spiritual retreat days need to be better planned out. Not that every detail needs to be planned out, but waking up whenever I want, turning the TV on and watching Law & Order Reruns and eating nothing good for me, are clearly not ways to reconnect to Jesus. God has still revealed some things to me, but it may not be the best strategy to clear my mind to focus on him.

3. I need to be vigilant in making days like these realities in my routine. I don't want to be that guy that can't be flexible, but I am positive that I need to be able to spend an entire day, regularly, with My Lord. I mean come on, if I had a girlfriend/wife/significant other, they would probably get more than just a day a month. Seems pretty logical and smart to spend AT LEAST a day with Jesus pretty regularly.

All in all, today has been a good day. I'm off to spend some time with a great friend over dinner. It is going to be a great way to end the day.

No comments: