February 3, 2010

Grace is the thing that drives us...and Tonight!

I am so excited because of some of the things that God is teaching me. As of late, and as a byproduct of the series that we are working through, God has been teaching me new and awesome things about the Grace that He offers and the freedom and empowerment that He freely offers through that Grace.

So often, I have put so many strings on my faith. I have created this misnomer that if I accept Christ, I have to be the pastor that He has called me to be. If I am going to be a true follower of Christ, I need to look like Francis Chan, Kory Lantz, Dave Engbrecht, Terry Bley, Derry Prenkert, John Piper, Louie Giglio, Chris Tomlin and Matt Metzger in order to justify my faith in Him. Not that those aren't great examples of living out the calling on their lives and passionately pursuing Christ, but that's not what I was doing. The point of all this will get worked out tonight, but a glimpse looks like this: I am His workmanship.

I'm not saved because I look like a bunch of other people that have a different race to run. As a matter of fact, I am only saved because He chose to save me and offer that salvation to me if I choose to accept it. The point is that if I truly understand what this means, I recognize the urgency to which I need to complete the work that He has already set before me. It looks a lot like this:

God has saved me through Grace
Grace is offered to all people who accept Him as Lord and Savior
To call Him Lord and Savior means to complete the plans He lays before us
 God has already laid the plans for my life.

That is so cool when you consider that there is nothing that I have to try and "figure out" when it comes to what to do next. The plans are already laid. My Future is Secure! It is my desire, because of this Grace, to pursue the plans that He has for me and strain towards the goal which is Jesus.

Tonight, we will work through some of that and more. Needless to say, I'm getting pretty excited for tonight.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. - Ephesians 2:10

No comments: