December 8, 2009

Meetings That Refresh

Yesterday, I was in a meeting that lasted from 9:00am-4:00pm.
We didn't stop for lunch. (We had Subway IN the meeting.)
We took two breaks.

To many that would seem like a hell-like day and one that would drive people bonkers, and I'm pretty sure that it would drive me nuts if we did this everyday. I'm also pretty sure that everybody else was going bonkers at the end. Ok, I was too, but not nearly as bad as I thought that I would have been.

Anyways, to the point.

I was so blessed and amazed at how great of an opportunity that I have to be a part of the team that I am on. Derry, Jason, Chris, Cindi, Kristy, Megan and sometimes Dave :) are all so awesome and have greatly blessed me in so many ways. But yesterday morning, before the meeting, during the first hour of the meeting, I grew closer to my team. I was blown away at the immense outpouring of love and openness that I was able to be a part of in that first hour.

We shared.
We prayed.

Seems so simply, but yet there is something that happens when a group of people open up and share with each other and that "thing" that happens is so much deeper when prayer is included in that moment. We are bonded with the bond of Christ. We are given the opportunity to join together and go to the Lord of the Heavens and of Earth and bow at the power of Christ together. And there is something special in that.

I'm so thankful for our team.

May Christ continue to work in our lives and prepare us, each day for what He has for us. May we show this work to the students, parents and leaders that we work directly with each day and week. May we show this love that He has for us in our everyday walk and with those that we simply pass by at the coffee shop.

No comments: