October 21, 2009

Anxiously Waiting

Last night, I was working a football Doubleheader at Bremen that was scheduled to start at 4:30 in the afternoon. I know what you're thinking, anything that starts with Junior High football can't be that exciting. Good thing this isn't about the game!



I digress.



To start the first game, one of the officials couldn't make the start or just thought the game was at 5:00. This left is to start the game with three officials and that's what started this Holy Spirit conviction. Before the fourth official got there, I was so distracted, looking for his car, hoping we wouldn't have to work both games in a three man system. It was the most distracted I have ever been in a game. I'm pretty positive that I had to have missed something. (Brad Thorton could tell you if I did, he was working the chains)



This situation made me think of my Christian walk. Have there been times that I have been searching for God is every place around me but the specific mission field that He has given me? Have I been looking around searching for that next person to bring into my life or that next job, forgetting or neglecting, and not on purpose, the people, mission, or plan that He has for me right in front of me?



I pray that I can continue to look around for Him, but only when I can no longer for find Him where I am at, or with those that He has put in my life.



Amen.

No comments: