November 11, 2008

Amazing

This morning, as I was studying for the message that I am to give on Wednesday, three individuals in fatigues walked into Sufficient Grounds. As soon as they walked in the door, I felt this rush of emotion from somewhere come over me.

What service and sacrifice a life in the military must be. I don't know if I ever want to know what that means. I thank all of the veterans for their dedication, devotion to country and willingness to serve. I truly owe very much of the things I am able to do, today, to those that have gone before me.

I do have one question: What would the world look like if Christ's soliders were just as passionate about following their leader as the men and women of the United States Military? If we would rise up to defend the freedom from bondage that we so selfishly accept, would the world change?

Today I thank the veterans of this country and challenge all of us in Christ's Army to begin to see our lives as one's that are in the Service; ready to mobilize at any moment; having destinations unknown for a cause that is well-known.

Rise up Christian soldiers!

Thanks to America's soldiers!

No comments: