August 18, 2008

A Confession

I want my life to mean something.
I want my life to fulfill a purpose.
I want to do what is right.
I want to do what is tough.
I want to do something grand and large with my life.


And then it hits me... again, and again, and again.....


It's NEVER BEEN ABOUT ME.
IT WILL NEVER BE ABOUT ME.


So the question still remains:
What does He want to do with Me?


Last Monday through Wednesday morning, I was able to spend the last few moments with the SOAR Interns as well as a lot of time with the Almighty Creator; the One who was, who is, and is to come; The Three in One; my Father. He gave me plans that he has for me and plans that seem to be much grander than I try to humble myself to. However, I can't be ashamed of that that God has called me to, if I am interpreting correctly.

But, I see that there are many areas that first must be clarified in order to allow for any of these plans to be a reality.

So my confession is this: I need prayer like I have never known. And I am not talking about just, "hmmm, I wonder what Geoff is dealing with." The kind of prayer I am asking for is one that you should stop reading and just Pray First, then ask questions. This is a cry to those who are willing to listen and support me. I truly feel like this is a critical time in my life and I am screaming out for support. I see this as a point in my life that I will look back and say that this was the point that it was make-or-break. I don't know what to say other than I need to be cleaned out and splayed for His use and His Glory. I want Him to wreck my life in the next week or so. I want to be opened up and changed so that my life will reflect that which He has called me to.

In times of weakness, I have known no other option. I have been taught many other things. But I pray that as this week goes on, I will learn more about my own heart and dedication to His cause than anything else. I want to recommit myself to a pure life and a life that is only a reflection of His power and holiness in me.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: