April 7, 2011

The End of an Era

Well, it was fun while it lasted, but unfortunately, this past Monday, the South Bend Silverhawks and I came to the understanding that I would not be announcing baseball in South Bend this year.

Yes, it does stink.
Yes, it is a relief.

It has gotten me thinking about how many things exist in my life right now that I could eliminate and promote a healthier lifestyle in my life. What things am I doing to try and make my life better that are simply adding to the noise and stress in my life? I tend to think that perhaps my job at the Silverhawks was doing that. It wasn't an inherently bad thing, however, it wasn't adding life to my life. It was taking life away. Because of that, I'm excited about the future in my life.

I wish the Silverhawks all the best and thank Joe Kernan for the opportunity he gave me to be the announcer of the Silverhawks. The opportunity was awesome.

No comments: