March 23, 2011

Faith. Is it Just Blind Belief?

Been engaging the idea of faith lately. It has very much challenged me in my life and even more in my ministry. I have been living in Hebrews for the last week and have been struck by this passage that my friend has introduced to me in chapter 12:
12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,  2 looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. 

In so many ways, I am completely struck by the determination and devotion that is required and the focus of verse 2. "Looking to Jesus." It begs the question: What are you looking to? Perhaps there are some good things that you are looking toward that aren't necessarily God things? We're going to talk more about this tonight as we continue our series, Hall of Faith. I'm pretty stoked for tonight.

No comments: