February 9, 2011

It's Just Jesus.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

I am so mixed up right now, it's not even funny.

I'm currently at a retreat right now that I am truly fortunate to even be a part of and yet it really has done nothing, recently, except to through challenges into my thinking and has made me think and process so much more in the way of what I believe and the things that I do, the way I do them. So far, it has made me more confident while at the same time forcing me to almost distance myself from the rest of the group that is here.

See, I'm convinced that there is a piece of knowledge that few understand and even less have faith in its power.

The only thing that is going to rescue students from the strongholds of poverty, malnutrition and a lack of support is Jesus.

The only thing that is going to give students a purpose in life and help set them on a path to success and vitality is Jesus.

The only thing that will save students from the dangerous things that tempt all people in this world is Jesus.

The only thing that will allow people to know what true refreshment and true rebirth is Jesus.

Are there some tactics that are refined that man has come up with? Sure.
Are there some processes that man has developed to steer students in the right direction? Sure.
Are there some things that people in ministry need to learn from people in youth development? Sure.

But the only thing that will give them life and life to the full, for now and for eternity, is Jesus.

It's just Jesus.

GC

No comments: