February 5, 2011

I Don't Want All the Answers

One of the bigger things running around in my head lately is the notion of having all the answers. As a pastor, as a communicator, as a friend, as a Christian, I think I can come off as cocky and arrogant because I try to have answers to all the problems in the world; or at least the ones that come my way.

But, perhaps having all the answers is a lesser virtue than having the right questions.

If having all the answers keeps me from a closer relationship with God, would I seek more questions?

What if having all the answers would not get us closer to Christ, but further from actually finding Him?

Perhaps having more of the answers lessens our dependency on Him and His wisdom.

I think this changes the game. What do you think?

GC
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments: