January 10, 2011

An Open Letter to All High Schoolers

Christmas Break is over. School has begun once again. It's cold and everybody just wants summer to come again. Spring Break is the next break you are going to have before school and the idea that that is 2.5 months away almost makes your mind numb.

I remember those days very well. Matter of fact, there are times in my life, even now, where I kind of begin to hope and look forward to that next break; that next time of "vacation" and reprieve from the same old day to day stuff. But, I'm just not convinced that that is the way that God designed for us to live and certainly not the mindset that allows us to live today empowered by Life.

The reality is that you and I have no idea what could happen tomorrow. We don't even know what could happen in the next hour. When it comes down to it, I have no idea if I will even be around when this post makes it to the blog. But, I do know this: You have the ability to pursue the things that have been put inside of you, today, right now.

Seniors, you have been given the biggest excuse of them all. It's called "Senioritis." I was once told by a person much more wise than I that Senioritis is a personal choice; it's an attitude. You can choose to buy into it or you can choose to opt out of the mindset.

I wonder what would happen if every Senior that reads this letter, would find one person to invest their time and life into, how that would change the tone of the high school they walk. What if?

Don't waste your life. Even now, when it seems like it could be so acceptable and just fine to stop caring. Don't waste your life!



For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself? -Luke 9:25

No comments: