August 20, 2010

A Few Things I'm Really Pumped About... and You Should Be Too!

There are a number of things that are happening in the next few days and weeks that are really exciting and make me really excited about life.

1. Summer Baptism: We're baptizing 50 people this Sunday afternoon and celebrating with a Hog Roast. I'm pretty excited about the Hog Roast and the promise from Pastor Dave that it will be pretty stinking good. But, I'm even more excited to see 50 people, publicly declare that Jesus is their Lord and Savior. I'm so pumped for that one. You should join us at 4:00pm on the Heritage Hill.

2. Football Starts: This is the unofficial kickoff of the school year. Whether we want to admit it or not, when the first football game takes place, everybody kind of recognizes that Summer is definitely over and the school year starts. And that excites the Scoobie Snacks out of me.

3. Fall Kickoff: I've said this before, but I'm really pumped about this Kickoff. In and of itself, it allows us to speak some hope into some new faces and new lives. I was thinking about it this morning and I need to make sure that I am more excited about the hope that we can bring and the hope that Jesus brings than the new faces and new lives that might be present. He is MY HOPE as well.

4. A Renewed Sense of a Personal Relationship with Christ: I recently went through a couple days of "funk" as I affectionately call it. In everything that I was doing, my Pride, my Desires, and my Ignorance were at an all-time high. I stopped and recognized many things, but the killer to me was a lack of personal growth and development in my relationship with Christ. I have a post coming about this one, but I recognized a few things: 1) I can "run" at a pretty fast clip (Clearly, this is in ministry and definitely not in reality). 2) Because of my current season of life, I can run at said clip for a pretty long period of time. 3) But, I am not God and therefore must find ways to reconnect with Him. More on this one later.

5. God is Good! This is my nice round number 5 that is always true and I can include it in any list, yet it remains true at all times. He is Good. I am not. He must be my Everything.

No comments: