September 8, 2009

Some great posts to check out...

I would like to say that I have been immersed into the blogging world for a while now. But I realize that the blogs I read don't really qualify me for "immersion" status. However, here a few posts that intrigued me, excited me, and were just really cool to read and I would recommend sacrificing the time that you would spend on my blog to check these two out. But if you are reading my blog you are probably reading these two also. But I really don't care if that's true or not, so here's my suggestions for the day:

Katherine is a student in Senior High that is very good at using her words to describe the world as she sees it. This post is a reflection of her summer. It was quite the summer! Especially, because of what the words underneath her name indicate has happened in her life!

Derry is my boss, mentor, and I would like to consider him my friend. In any case, Derry has posted a few videos of the songs that are impacting his life as he tries to internalize all that we are learning through our adventure in helping kids in need. Others of us are just too worldly and don't know how to do that. (Just Kidding). Anyway, he is a really good blogger.

And finally, John Piper is someone who is a internationally known speaker and the Senior Pastor at a church in Minneapolis. John's speaking style is typically a prophetic voice that, until now, really wasn't very welcome in many circles. He has been someone that, through his exegesis of the Scripture and relation to real world, has messed me up in some unexpected good ways. I expect this post won't be extremely well received, especially from any audience I could muster, but I like his stance on the topic. And since I'm refusing to enter this debate, I'll let the good pastor do it for me.

No comments: