February 2, 2009

Some recent thoughts (part 1)

So before I begin this rant, I want to welcome a new individual into the blogging world.

Please welcome Jason Miller to the blogging world! You can check him out at: www.commonjason.com. Now we just need to get him onto Twitter and we will be set. :)

So it's been a few days since I posted last, and I just feel compelled today. Perhaps it is that I feel inspired. Not sure. As a matter of fact, lately, I have had many thoughts that have made me ponder many different topics and ideas and really give me cause to re-examine many things that I hold to as truth in my life. As a matter of fact, I could say that I have been hit by a bit of a brick.

That should probably be a pile of bricks. I just have been inundated with thoughts from classes and thinking about the future of my life. In a sense I have been very much flooded with thoughts of how to make my next step. This past Sunday, Pastor Dave and my good friend, Kyle Lantz helped challenge me to think about what my next step actually is. At this point in my life, I am confronted with the fact that traditional, post-secondary education is almost over, and it is time to face the music of the regular adult world. A world where focused learning and procrastination are replaced with discipline and execution of the education that I have obtained. Or at least that is the hope right?


Still, I am reminded to not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself (Matthew 6:34). I really do have enough everyday to worry about. Yet, I feel pressure to know what it is that I am to do with my relationship with my girlfriend, with my family, with my future, with my desires and my passions.

I am at a major crossroads. I am at a point where I feel like I applying pressure to myself and perhaps from others that make me think that I need to have that next step figured out.


So what is all of this for? Perhaps, I do need to start thinking about what it is that God has planned for me and what His Will is for my life and the next part of that Will. But, maybe I don't. Perhaps all of this desire to know is simply being pushed for the wrong reasons. Maybe, I need to be patient with God's revelation and trust that He will reveal His Will in His time. He calls me to not lean on my own understandings and to trust in His ways. When do I begin to trust that. And when do the people around me begin to trust me in this as I trust Him in this.

This has become a long post, however, is only part of my thoughts as of late. I am fixing to post another, more focused series of posts that will be more detailed on the topics in my thoughts as of late. Back to some work for now.

No comments: